Capitol Hill Florist has one of the longest floral legacies in the state…Since 1932 we have been committed to providing nothing but the freshest flowers that are top quality to ensure your floral gift not only looks wonderful when you recieve it, but also lasts!
Thank you to our friends, family and amazing customers that have made 2012 a wonderful year! We are looking forward to 2013!
Top Ten Reasons: Why We’re Cooler
1. Our flowers are shipped in climate-controlled trucks. –Some local florist rely on FedEx or UPS for the shipment of their flowers, which means that their flowers are exposed to extreme temperatures for long periods of time at various airports. Ours are not. This cold-chain management has been proven to be the single most important thing we can do to maintain the longevity of life and freshness of our flowers.
2. 90% of our flowers receive their first cut and drink of water here at our shop. The first cut is the most important and we take care to ensure that all of our major bulk shipments of flowers are cut first under our watchful eye.
3. Our flowers are cut underwater in clean tanks. Cutting flowers under water is a unique technique that’s been beneficial to flowers for their freshness, blossom size, stem stability and longevity of vase life.
4. We use hydration solution on our roses and other weak-stemmed flowers. This hydration solution allows the flowers to more readily absorb the water and nutrients in the water. This technique prevents “bent neck” and makes the stems much more stable.
5. Our flowers are stored in our state-of-the-art 7,000 cubic foot cooler kept at a perfect 35 degrees. Our spacious cooler is 10 feet high, so we can store all of our arrangements, deliveries, party work and wedding designs in the cooler until time for delivery.
6. All of our fresh flower arrangements are professionally designed and hand delivered in a fresh flower food preservative solution. This solution gives the flowers extra nutrients that promotes blossom size and increases the longevity of the flowers.
7. Our vans have rear air-conditioning. This is an expensive option, but we think it is necessary to keep our deliveries as cool as possible while delivering on those hot summer days.
8. All arrangements are professionally designed and hand delivered. Never boxed and shipped without a water supply.
9. Our orders are delivered same day! Better than FedEx and UPS, we get your order delivered the same day you place your order.
10. Because of our large volume of business, our flowers are constantly being rotated for beautiful designs and are not stored for long periods of time. The flowers you receive are fresh and new, not old and moldy.